The Community Sector Council Nova Scotia is growing! We are looking for new team members.
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia is located on the unceded and ancestral homelands of the Mi’kmaq people. The Community Sector Council works with a diversity of organizations and communities across Nova Scotia. The Community Sector Council’s priority is to expand the diversity of perspectives and skills of its team.
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of our Nova Scotia communities.
Career Opportunity: Operations Coordinator
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia was created in January 2013 to bring together non-profit and voluntary organizations to enhance the voice of the nonprofit sector in Nova Scotia and to build the capacity of the sector to address labor market challenges, to deliver on their missions, and to build stronger communities. The Community Sector Council’s work is grounded in communities across the province to ensure local ownership and engagement.
As Operations Coordinator, your role is to support the senior leadership team and provide financial management services. This includes providing administrative, scheduling and communication support; initiating and responding to calendar requests for meetings and telephone calls; coordinate travel arrangements, reconciling staff and program expenses, general accounting and book keeping tasks. Strong communication skills and a proactive mindset will be important to be successful in this role.
You should have strong writing skills and be able to draft professional correspondence, undertake necessary research to execute letters, applications, briefing notes and meeting minutes.
This role demands a high level of confidentiality, independence and intuition; and requires a nimble, practical and entrepreneurial approach and spirit. The role requires a positive attitude, flexibility, the ability to switch priorities on a moment’s notice and develop a relationship of trust and respect with CSCNS’s staff, board of directors, and numerous sector partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Minimum of 3 years of related experience;
· High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information;
· Ability to work effectively with multiple members of the team and flexibly manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced, ever changing environment;
· Extensive knowledge of general administrative and operational procedures;
· Conduct business tasks in a structured and organized manner;
· Strong analytical ability, including gathering and summarizing data;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Accounting and book keeping skills;
· Extraordinary attention to detail;
· Experience defining problems, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions while using discretion and good judgment;
· Experience working at an advanced level within a complex CRM suite (Hubspot) and Quickbooks (or similar platform);
· Experience working with Eventbrite, and Mailchimp, and Wordpress;
· Must have reliable vehicle, willingness and ability to travel, able to work from home office;
· Able to contribute as a member of a team both regionally and on a provincial level;
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in an unstructured environment; and
· Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle.
This permanent staff position is based on a four-day work week (30 hours). Salary is $18/hour. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Travel within the province may be required, and approved travel expenses will be reimbursed. The CSCNS operates as a virtual organization, the incumbent will work from a home office and be situated in either the Halifax or New Glasgow area. This person reports directly to the Director, Learning Development and Operations.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 4:00pm May 11th, 2018. Electronic portfolio submissions are encouraged. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.