We are pleased to announce that the 43rd Provincial Volunteer Awards are now open for nominations. The Annual Provincial Volunteer Awards 2017 are an exceptional way for all of us to say 'thank you' to the many volunteers that contribute to the well-being and vitality of our communities every day.
Please share this call for nominations amongst your networks and organizations in your community.
Do you know a deserving volunteer? Nominate them for the Provincial Volunteer Award in one of three categories:
1) Representative Volunteer Award
· Each municipality in Nova Scotia selects one representative volunteer per year to attend the Provincial Volunteer Awards Ceremony. Please contact your local municipality to inquire about criteria and how to nominate a deserving volunteer. There are various deadlines for nominations so be sure to connect with them. A list of Municipal contacts is available at novascotia.ca/volunteerawards
2) Volunteer Youth Award
· Youth volunteers can be nominated by community organizations, schools and/or peers for this award. Only one youth will be chosen to attend the Provincial Volunteer Ceremony in April but ALL youth nominated will be invited to attend a youth luncheon with the Premier in May 2017.
· The criteria for this award are:
o be a volunteer aged 13 to 24
o have made a significant contribution to a range of causes, for at least two years.
o be willing to be nominated
o have not previously been a recipient of this award
3) Volunteer Family Award
· The Family award is given to a family who has demonstrated volunteer leadership and consistent caring for their community for at least 5 years.
· Other criteria include:
o Can be any combination of three or more people who are bound together over time, living in the same community
o be willing to be nominated and
o have not previously been recipients of this award
Please visit the website for more details on how to nominate a deserving volunteer in your community novascotia.ca/volunteerawards Forms are available on the website to submit online or in print.
Who do you know that deserves this honour? The deadline is February 24th, 2017 so get started today.
We look forward to receiving your nominations for the Province's 43rd Provincial Volunteer Award Ceremony. If you have any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-220-7380.