Outreach and Operations Assistant
Status: Full-time, 8 week placement
Location: Based out of Musquodoboit Harbour, Eastern Shore
Reporting: Director, Strategic Development and Custom Learning
Wage: $11/hr @ 30 hours / week
Start Date: June 4th, 2018
About Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia (CSC-NS) is a non-profit organization established in 2012 to work collaboratively with non-profit and voluntary organizations in order to find innovative solutions to emerging and existing sectoral issues. CSC-NS’s vision is community-based organizations are leaders, in partnership with government and the private sector, in building healthy, vibrant, and sustainable communities with active and engaged citizens.
Canada Summer Job Requirements
Candidates for this position must meet the following criteria for the government-funded placement:
● Be between 15 and 30 years of age or under at the start of employment,
● Currently registered full-time in a related undergraduate or graduate program, with the intention to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year,
● Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of employment; and,
● Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the relevant provincial legislation.
Related programs include, but are not limited to:
● Public Relations - strong relationship to outreach and communication,
● Office Administration - strong relationship to operations management, or
● Business - strong relationship to research and business plan development
● developing a database of organizations / people to reach out to to increase perspectives represented in the work of the Council,
● with Convenors, visiting various organizations to tell them about the work of the Council, and ask for input into that work,
● assist with outreach related to development of national conference that the Council is a partner in,
● assisting Director of Operations with work as required to get a new Customer Relationship Management system up and running,
● assist with research as required for labour market studies, and
● assist with developing a business plan for custom learning.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018.
Please send pdf copies of resume and cover letter by email with the subject line
“Outreach and Operations Assistant” to:
Director, Strategic Development and Custom Learning
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia aims to be an inclusive and equitable organization organization encouraging applications from all qualified candidates including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and indigenous persons. Some accommodations and flexibility in the position may be possible for the right candidate.