The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia (CSCNS) works to build the individual and collective capacities of non-profit organizations across the province in addressing labour force and human resource issues. The role of CSCNS is to facilitate the sector’s capacity to work collaboratively to find innovative solutions to emerging and existing social and economic issues in Nova Scotia.
The CSCNS is seeking applicants for the following positions:
Regional Convenor – Cape Breton Region
Regional Convenor – Northern Region (Cumberland-Colchester-Pictou-East Hants Counties)
The CSCNS is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse team, priority will be given to qualified candidates who contribute to the further diversification of our team including but not limited to persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons of any gender identity.
As a Regional Convenor you will:
• Support the capacity of CSC for regional and community outreach.
• Assess regional needs, disseminate information, and build ongoing relationships.
• Organize and implement programming.
• Deliver training when assigned.
• Serve as a conduit between CSC and the relevant region.
• Located in regions across the province.
You will possess:
· Experience working in the non-profit sector in Nova Scotia
· Strong knowledge of non-profit organizations in your region
· Applied knowledge of community development and outreach strategies
· Ability to effectively build relationships and interact with clients and other stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, applicable in a variety of settings
· Exceptional interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills
· Able to work independently
· Experience working with diversity of staff and stakeholders, demonstrating cultural competency, diversity, and social inclusion.
· Able to contribute as a member of a team both regionally and on a provincial level
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in an unstructured environment
· Must have ability to travel and access to a reliable vehicle
· This is a part-time position with flexible hours that might vary from week to week, for a total of 67.5 hours/month. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
· Travel within the region is required, and approved travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The positions of Regional Convenors are contract positions. Compensation is paid monthly at $1518.75/month. The Convenor position will begin January 15th, 2018 and will end on March 30th, 2018. There is a possibility of renewal.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm December 15th, 2017. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted