Key provincial links
- 211 Nova Scotia can help you find community and volunteer services quickly.
- HeartWood Centre for Community Youth Development is a provincial group whose mission is youth engagement for positive community change.
- Good NS is a free, online volunteer matching service that connects good people with good causes.
- Skills Online NS provides online training to non-profit organizations (and others) at no cost.
- Engage Nova Scotia is working with partners and communities to cultivate engagement and catalyse action so that more Nova Scotians are working together to build their future.
Key national links
- Canadian Federation of Non-Profit and Voluntary Sector Networks has local, regional, provincial, and territorial non- profit & voluntary sector network partners across Canada.
- Imagine Canada is a national charitable organization whose cause is Canada’s charities and nonprofits. In addition to research, they act as a national advocate for charities and non-profits.
- Community Foundations of Canada is the national membership organization for Canada’s Community Foundations, with 189 members from coast to coast to coast.
- The HR Council was a non-profit that operated from 2005-2013, with a mandate to take action on and build awareness of non-profit human resource and labour force issues. Their excellent resource centre is still online.
- Volunteer Canada is the national voice for volunteerism in Canada. The organization is supports volunteerism and civic participation through ongoing programs, national initiatives, resource development and by engaging in research and training across the country.
- Charity Village is a great Canadian source for news, jobs, funding opportunities, training and advice for non-profit & voluntary organizations.